As Executive Chef of Borgata’s award-winning Old Homestead Steak House, Romeo DiBona knows a thing or two around the grill. And now, he’s sharing his 5 best BBQ tips to kick start your grilling season.
Romeo DiBona’s BBQ Tips:
- Invest in a chimney starter (about $14.99). Do not use lighter fluid ever. With the chimney, you fill up with the desired amount of charcoal and use either paraffin cubes ($4.99 for 24) or loosely crumpled up newspaper to light coals.
- When I make ribs at home on my Weber Kettle Grill, I use a rub and cook over indirect heat – searing the meat on the hot side then cooking them the rest of the way on the cool side, adjusting vents to slow the fire down and spraying them with a 1-part-vinegar/1-part-water solution every once in a while. This will add a nice zing to the rub!
- Coffee gives a rub or BBQ sauce a complex, earthy flavor. Use grinds in a rub or brew a strong cup to add to your BBQ sauce.
- The minion method is the most popular method in a kettle grill. For low and slow, arrange charcoal around the bottom of your grill, shingled 3 deep into a horseshoe, then start your chimney. When coals are glowing, place them at the top of the horseshoe so they light in succession.
- Make your own BBQ sauce! It’s really easy. Store-bought versions have a ton of sugar and can ruin all of your hard work! Only put BBQ sauce on protein in the last 10-15 minutes of cooking.
If there’s one thing we know, it’s sweets… mouth-watering, crave-worthy, taste-in-your-dreams sweets. Here are our picks for the 10 best treats across Borgata. Enjoy!
Borgata Baking Company: Sips with a Kick
Borgata Baking Company is now serving spiked gelato shakes! Try the “Drunken Monkey” (rum, bananas, honey, and vanilla gelato), “Frozen Cappuccino” (Irish Cream, Kahlua, and vanilla gelato), or the “The Ultimate ‘Root Beer” (Oatmeal Stout, Irish whiskey, and vanilla gelato).
There are a lot of cute slogans that come to mind when announcing the top online winners at BorgataCasino.com and BorgataPoker.com.
You know, stuff like “It pays to play at BorgataCasino.com,” “We’ve got the best jackpots in New Jersey” and “You don’t even have to put on pants to win big at BorgataCasino.com.”
Well, how about “Take a ride on the Borgata Money Boat?”
Looking at the big online winners for March 16 – 22, BorgataCasino.com‘s Money Boat slots hit for $20,000 in jackpots. Add to that another big video poker win and you could say “There’s a lot of winning going on at BorgataCasino.com.”
See, they just come naturally.
Here’s a look at the big online winners for March 16 to March 22:
It’s officially springtime in New Jersey, and now that the snow is melting and the sun is shining, something big is blooming at BorgataCasino.com.
We’re not talking about flowers – we are talking about lots of green. From Friday, March 27th through Sunday, March 29th, we’re handing out guaranteed Bonus Dollars to everyone, no deposit required. You could win as much as $1,000.
Just sign in to your BorgataCasino.com account this Friday, Saturday or Sunday and opt in to the Spring Bonus promotion under the Promotions tab. When you do, we’ll show you a card. Just click it to reveal your prize.
New to BorgataCasino.com? We’ll set you up with an account for free and load it with $20 to get you started.
Happy spring from everyone at BorgataCasino.com.
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa promised you a summer of amazing outdoor concerts and shows when we announced our new Borgata Festival Park Outdoor Concert Venue.
And we weren’t kidding.
The first announcements for this summer’s line-up at Festival Park includes a South Jersey dream concert in June—The Hooters, Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes, G. Love & Special Sauce—one of the hottest acts currently in music in July—Meghan Trainor—and a country music extravaganza in August with Darius Drucker and Willie Nelson playing concerts on consecutive nights respectively.
“We couldn’t be more excited to introduce Festival Park as the newest entertainment amenity here at Borgata,” said Joe Lupo, Senior Vice President of Operations for Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. “In booking such tremendous artists to perform in a fun, energetic outdoor space, this new concert venue and festival grounds effectively adds yet another dimension to what we can offer our guests and reinforces Borgata as the East Coast’s premiere location for concerts and nightlife.”
There are few chefs as talented and diverse as Michael Schulson. Since the 2008 debut of his first restaurant endeavor – Izakaya Modern Japanese Pub at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa – Schulson has earned a sterling reputation for his expert hand at modern Asian cooking. In 2009, Schulson opened his second restaurant, Sampan, in Philadelphia’s bustling Midtown Village, which was promptly named one of Bon Appetit’s “Top Six Places to Taste Asian Fusion.” As a strong advocate of healthful, mindful eating who is passionate about remaining fit, Schulson recently got into the best shape of his life by updating his already nutritious make-at-home recipes. We recently caught up with Schulson to chat about everything from his time living in Japan to maintaining a healthy lifestyle – including Izakaya’s recipe for a delicious new cocktail that tastes like a tropical treat without all of the calories!
Everything you need to plan a gorgeous Mother’s Day celebration… including decoration and gift ideas, as well as recipes by one of Borgata’s most celebrated chefs, Bobby Flay.
- Mother’s Day Décor…
- Create a variety of flower arrangements using flowers from your garden or fresh flowers from your local market. Keep tissue paper and twine nearby so you can remove from vases after brunch and gift each mother in attendance.
- Frame several photographs of the mothers in your family, including pictures throughout time – ie, your grandmother as a child with her mother, your mother with your children, and everything in between. Editors Tip: If framing isn’t an option, hang twine throughout your entertaining space and clip photos to string with clothespins.
- Cut pieces of pastel construction paper into the shape of tulips or sunflowers. Write each guest’s name or initials on respective pieces for table place cards.
There are a lot of signs of spring that many of us were desperately waiting to see—spring flowers, beginning of baseball season, taking a walk outside without your mukluks.
And for hardcore grinders — there’s the start of the Borgata Spring Poker Open running April 14 to May 1.
Well, spring is arriving. They’re playing baseball, the snow may be finally over and Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa is counting down to the Spring Poker Open with its first major satellite on April 4 and its online reservations.
So let’s rundown the highlights for this year’s Borgata Spring Poker Open.
The Borgata Spring Poker Open Ultimate Satellite is a $1,000 + $90 No Limit Hold’Em Super Satellite (~1 in 20) scheduled for noon April 4. The prize package includes $15,400 entry into WPT World Championship, $2,700 entry into the Live Streamed $1 million guaranteed BSPO Championship and $1,900 in cash.
BorgataPoker.com is also offering a full slate of online satellites from now to April 19 offering several ways to win your way into Borgata Spring Poker events. Check out the satellite schedule here.
Now, for those events.
Event 1 of the Spring Open (traditionally sporting the biggest field of Borgata Opens) is a Live Streamed $1 Million Guaranteed Opening Event, Tuesday, April 14 – Saturday, April 18 with a $500 Buy-in + $60 Entry. The live stream taking place on Saturday, April 18 at 3pm.
Borgata will also be live-streaming the final table $1 Million Guaranteed Borgata Championship Monday, April 20 – Friday, April 24 ($2,500 Buy-In + $200 Entry). The live stream taking place on Friday, April 24 at 3pm.
Women continue to rule this March (which just happens to be Women’s History Month) as once again female players at BorgataCasino.com racked up better than $16K in slots jackpots.
And our look at the big online winners at Borgata’s online sites shows that when it comes to online poker at BorgataPoker.com, persistence can lead to a pretty good hot streak from time to time. Just ask player—username Laumserg—who brought home more than $12,000 in tournament cash by scoring in four separate tournaments.
And that means this look at the big online winners highlights close to $30,000 in wins.
That’s a great week no matter how you look at it. So, how’s your week going?
Here are the big Borgata online winners from March 9 -15:
– On March 9, Marianne from Garfield, New Jersey, made a $20 spin playing the Dungeons and Dragons Crystal Caverns slots game and won a $5,300 jackpot.
– On March 11, Dawn from Madison, New Jersey, made a $20 bet playing Cleopatra and turned it into a $6,226 win.
– On March 15, Elizabeth from Bergenfield, New Jersey, hit a jackpot worth $4,952 playing the Under the Waves slots game.
Excited for the first day of spring? So are we. And at BorgataCasino.com, we’re celebrating by handing out $20 in free Bonus Dollars to 20 random players on March 20th. That’s a lot of twenties.
You don’t need to do anything special to participate. Just make sure you’re logged in to your BorgataCasino.com account on Friday, March 20th between Noon and 11:59pm. If you win, we’ll let you know and add the $20 Bonus Dollars to your account.
New to Bonus Dollars? They’re like regular cash, except they come with a wagering requirement. For this promotion, it’s a tiny one. We’re talking a 1x wagering requirement. That means to turn those $20 Bonus Dollars into real cash that you can play and withdraw, you just need to wager $20. It’s that easy.