Garden State Super Series IV is now underway and it’s proving to pay off massively for poker players in New Jersey. All five tournaments on Sunday’s opening day schedule featured more prize pools exceeding all guarantees.
Here’s a look at what happened in last night’s five big tournaments:
- GSSS #1 featured a final prize pool of $14,100, eclipsing the $7,500 that had been guaranteed. The NLH Slow Grind saw PunisherPete claim the first place prize of $2,820.
- GSSS #2, our biggest tournament of the night with $75,000 guaranteed, paid out an impressive $94,400. A four-way final table deal distributed $43,829 among ninjaG0 ($11K), ABH70 ($11K), floppynuts ($11K) and jakep474 ($10,829).
If the name ninjaG0 sounds familiar, it’s because he’s found significant success in a number of BorgataPoker.com tournaments, including several Sunday $50k Guaranteed tournaments and Daily $10K Guaranteed events. His total earnings prior to last night’s big win approached $18,000.
- GSSS #3 saw a final prize pool of $32,500, well above the $20,000 that was promised. A final table deal saw Big_Daddy and treetrap split $10,643 almost down the middle.
- GSSS #4, a $7,500 guarantee, got fairly close to doubling its guaranteed prize pool, paying out $13,750. Deezer took first place, adding $2,675 to his bankroll.
- GSSS #5 paid out $16,000—that’s $6,000 above the $10,000 that was guaranteed. Congrats to jmzit2u on his first place finish.
The Garden State Super Series IV runs through March 13th with several tournaments on the schedule each day. Head to the GSSS IV tournament page for all the info and discover which events you’ll conquer next. Remember, there is over $1 million in guaranteed prize pools for GSSS IV events!