Spring is in the air, which only means one thing: flowers! However, if you don’t have a green thumb, or are looking for a tasty alternative to a dozen roses, we’ve got the perfect solution: an edible floral bouquet!
Borgata Pastry Chef David Krzewinksi shows how he crafts the colorful concoction below, plus he gives step-by-step tips and strategies for you to create your own edible flowers at home:
If you want to give it a go, you’ll have to have plenty of buttercream frosting on hand. Here’s how Borgata pastry chefs make it in our kitchens:
Decorating Buttercream Icing
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter(room temp)
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1lb powdered sugar(sifted)
- 1-2 tablespoons water or milk
- Beat room temperature unsalted butter and shortening until light and fluffy (2 – 4 minutes), then add extract and powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Add water or milk to desired consistency.
- Whip until smooth.
Or…you could stop by the Borgata Baking Company, where you can purchase these colorful treats, along with a variety of other springtime favorites, any time that you’d like!