The legendary Chris Rock returns to Borgata on November 24 for two shows of his Total Blackout tour after selling out the Event Center earlier this year. Sure, you might know Chris Rock as the laugh-out-loud comedian and former Saturday Night Live star, but there’s a lot more to the star than his unfiltered jokes and stand up routines. Here’s five things that you might not have known about the star of Madagascar and Grown Ups.
1) Chris is a supporter of (RED). The project, created in 2006 by Bono and Bobby Shriver, fights to end AIDS in Africa where 2/3 of the world’s estimated 37 million people wit HIV/AIDS live.
2) Chris was at the last party that President Obama threw at The White House. Plus, he gave some unsolicited career advice to Michelle Obama.
3) Chris says that his grandfather was his inspiration in show business. He was a preacher and a cab driver.
4) Before his big break on Saturday Night Live, Chris had some pretty bad jobs. His least favorite? Working at McDonald’s and Red Lobster.
5) He made his Broadway debut back in 2011. And the show had a pretty NSFW title.