Whether you’re a die-hard super-fan, or just enjoy trying new and fun libations, Borgata has the perfect offerings to quench any football fan’s thirst leading up to the big game next weekend. Do you bleed Philly green? Do you think Tom is nothing but terrific? In anticipation of Philadelphia taking on New England Borgata will be offering specialty cocktails at Long Bar, Gypsy Bar, and B Bar to celebrate this exciting title-bout. See the list of specialty drinks below:
Once the favorite to represent their conference in the big game; Philly’s beloved team turned instant underdogs when a rash of injuries caused experts to bet against this scrappy squad. After defeating last year’s champs (Atlanta) and demolishing the odds-on favorites from Minnesota, this David and Goliath story has one more chapter to go with the biggest hurtle still looming. So when you’re down for the count and everyone’s written you off, grab yourself this high-energy cocktail (along with a German Shepard dog mask) that is sure to give any football fan the boost they need to cheer their team to their first ever world title!
- ½ oz Blue Curacao
- (1) 8.5 oz Red Bull
- Garnish: Maraschino cherry
- Glass: Pint
- Combine ingredients in a pint glass with ice. Stir and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
The St. Nick
Just when it looked like all was lost in the City of Brotherly Love after the team’s prized quarterback was out for the season, good ole’ St. Nick took the reins and led his squad all the way to the championship. Much like the unflappable backup Philly QB, this drink always delivers in the clutch.
- 1⁄4 oz simple syrup
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 oz Kentucky Bourbon
- Garnish: Mint leaves and / or bitters
- Glass: Julep or Rocks.
- Lightly muddle mint and syrup. Add bourbon and pack tightly with crushed ice. Stir until the cup is frosted on the outside. Top with more crushed ice and garnish with a few drops of bitters and a mint sprig (optional).
A franchise that has demonstrated the success New England has seen over the past two decades deserves a signature cocktail. The Dynasty is derived from one of Gypsy Bar’s classic margaritas; sure to quench the thirst of even the most passionate New England fan.
- ¼ glass Tequila Blanco
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- Garnish: Margarita salt (optional) & lime
- Glass: Margarita / Martini / Rocks
- Combine all ingredients. Rim glass with lime juice using a lime wedge, dip in margarita salt, garnish with lime and enjoy.
*Pro tip: if you’re at Gypsy Bar, order with a splash of pomegranate juice in a blue margarita glass to show off your true Pats’ pride.
There may never be as legendary a quarterback-coach combo as Tom and Bill. The argument can be made that this duo will go down in history as the “greatest of all time.” As the tandem head into their record-shattering eighth championship together you can sample a modern take on the classic rum & coke paring…with a twist befitting the reigning champs penchant for thrilling conclusions.
- 3 oz spiced rum
- 3 oz cola
- 1 can pineapple juice concentrate
- 1 can berry punch
- Garnish: Orange or Maraschino cherry (or both)
- Glass: Collins
- Add spiced rum and cola to a Collins glass. In a separate container, mix all of the pineapple concentrate and the berry punch together. Pour into the Collins glass until full, stir, and serve.