Borgata’s latest addition to its world-class culinary lineup is Angeline by Michael Symon. As an ode to The Chew co-host’s mother; Angeline features Italian-American dishes in a timeless setting reminiscent of Chef Symon’s childhood Sicilian-style Sunday dinners.
With its May opening, Angeline presents a modern version of classically crafted Italian dishes that the famed Iron Chef grew up enjoying. Among them are delicious antipasti’s such as the arancini or roasted sweet and hot peppers with burrata and his signature Mom’s Lasagne.
One dish that truly encapsulates Chef Symon’s mantra of simple, yet bold recipes including fresh ingredients and prideful attention to detail is the Linguini & Clams with Pancetta & Chili Flakes. And while it may be difficult to duplicate the Food Network star’s signature style, why not take a shot at preparing this delectable dish at home:
Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 lb. uncooked linguine
½ lb. pancetta, diced
1 tbsp. olive oil plus more for garnish
1 cup minced celery
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 shallots, minced
¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
4 dozen little neck clams, scrubbed
1 cup dry white wine
½ tsp. crushed red pepper
⅓ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
¼ tsp. black pepper
1. Prepare pasta according to package instructions; drain pasta, reserving ⅓ cup cooking water.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium. Add pancetta and oil; cook, stirring occasionally, until the pancetta is crisp, about 10 minutes.
3. Add celery, garlic, shallots and ¼ teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes.
4. Add clams, white wine and crushed red pepper; cover, and cook until clams open, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in cooked pasta and reserved pasta water; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley, pepper and remaining ½ teaspoon salt; garnish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Want to enjoy this meal now? Make your reservation!