Going out always requires a bit of planning. Whether it’s knowing what party to hit up or what shoes are the move for the night, it’s important to always be prepared.
Sometimes, the best way to plan for the night is knowing what must-haves to carry with you. For ladies, it’s the items secured in their purses or bras, and for guys it’s the items they ask their lady friends to secure in their purses or bras. Wherever they’re kept, it’s safe to say that these items are universal essentials when going out.
- Wallet Trilogy: ID, Credit Cards & Cash. The first rule of the night is to never forget the wallet trilogy: ID, credit card, and a few bills for convenience. Throw a money clip on those suckers and put it in a safe place. Without the trio, the night ends before the DJ plays “Despacito”. Whoever forgets their ID is the first person to be kicked off the island permanently. Like seriously, Karen? You had one job.
- Chapstick – Need I say more? Besides that first and obvious must-have, chapstick should be the number one concern for the night. If no one in the whole group has this item, everyone is screwed. Chapped lips are NOT cute. For ladies, bringing lipgloss/lipstick for reapplication during bathroom breaks is a must. It comes in handy when the countless vodka cranberries slowly take off the shimmer to a great smile.
- Flats. Flats. Another item that is both convenient and necessary for a night out on the town is ballet flats. Believe it or not, this is an essential for both women and men. Think about it, women walk around all night long in high heels thinking their shoes aren’t thaaaat bad. They down some drinks, take some shots, dance for three Chainsmoker songs, and BAM feet are oddly numb but still in absolute pain. Take. those. babies. off. – but say no to walking the boardwalk/casino floor/hotel barefoot! Fold-able ballet flats to the rescue! No black stained feet and no judgmental looks from non-party goers. Ballet flats mean that the men don’t have to 1. give their lady friends a piggy back ride when they’re complaining about their feet and 2. have a tinge of embarrassment when the ladies decide to ditch the heels and end up stubbing their toe at a craps table – Hey, it happens.
- Phone Chargers. Carrying on into the night, the worst part is not being able to assemble the crew to 100%. Cell phone chargers/portable chargers are essential to a successful night out. Ideally, every partygoer has a fully charged battery and feels every vibration and ring to stay in contact with each other, which, let’s be real, is damn near impossible. Even if it’s not to ensure the group is staying together, having a fully charged phone is crucial for making new friends (even if it is drunk and in the bathroom) or keeping up with the cutie at the bar. Get charged up!
- Gum. Another honorable mention is a pack of gum. First of all, don’t tell everyone you have it. This is a secret treasure for the night. Once the secrets out, the pack is empty. Talking it up at the bar with the guy you’ve had your eye on all night can go from fun to terrible real quick when your breath smells like the salad you had earlier that night.
Get together these five essentials and the night is yours!
Book a Room: Rooms & Suites
Purchase Tickets: Upcoming Events
Guest List: Reduced Admission Until 1 Hour After Opening – Register Online
VIP Table Service: For inquiries call 609.317.7249 or fill out the request form