On Monday, March 16, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa announced it would comply with New Jersey Governor Murphy’s order to temporarily suspend operations. While this is an unprecedented public health crisis, Borgata remains focused on what matters and is doing its part for the public good and for the good of our team members and communities. Since closing, Borgata has distributed more than 35,000 pounds of fresh food – an estimated 30,000 meals – to local charities including The Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City and The Community Food Bank of New Jersey.
Total donated food by Borgata: 35,498 pounds (65 pallets), an estimated 30,000 meals
- The Community Food Bank of New Jersey received: 31,922 pounds
- Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City received: 3,576 pounds
Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City:
- Over 1,000 families were served as a result of Borgata’s fresh food donations – including fruits, vegetables, breads, bagels, pastries, milk, juice, and salads.
- In addition to the fresh food donations, Borgata prepared 250 sandwiches and 200 “grocery” bags of fresh fruit and vegetables for Boys & Girls Club employees to distribute to the community.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City’s mission is to provide resources for the development of young people, from all backgrounds – to realize their full potential as responsible and caring adults.
- Last July, the Club unveiled the all-new MGM Resorts International Teen Center for Economic Youth Development & College Readiness thanks to a generous investment (2018) of $500,000 from MGM Resorts International, owner of Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. Since opening this state-of-the-art 20,000 square foot Center, which includes a commercial teaching kitchen, the Center’s teens prepare 200 meals nightly for their member families. As a result, the Center proudly serves as a primary food resource for much of the Atlantic City community throughout the year.
- More information on the Boys & Girls Club is available here: https://www.acbgc.org/
- More information on how to donate to the Club is available here: https://www.acbgc.org/donate-today/
Community Food Bank of New Jersey:
- The Community Food Bank of New Jersey’s Southern Branch partners with more than 250 local charities.
- During this health crisis they have distributed fresh donated food from Borgata to the John Brooks Recovery Center, Spirit & Truth Worship Center, Salvation Army Atlantic City, Salvation Army Vineland, Salvation Army Bridgeton, and First United Methodist, among others.
- The Food Bank serves as New Jersey’s largest anti-hunger and anti-poverty organization. Working together with volunteers, donors and their many partners, the Food Bank’s mission is to fill the emptiness caused by hunger with Food, Help, and Hope.
- More information on the Food Bank is available here: https://cfbnj.org/
- More information on how to donate to the Food Bank is available here: https://cfbnj.org/#donate