Professional bakery butter cake is as easy as incorporating several pantry staples at home. Borgata’s Pastry Team prepared a simple butter cake recipe that you can make using boxed cake mix that you’ve been meaning to use or that you can readily purchase at supermarkets. The secret is the special ingredients that are added to take this cake to the next level.
At-Home Butter Cake
- Favorite vanilla box cake mix
- 4 ounces powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brown sugar (to top)
- In one bowl, place the cream cheese and powdered sugar and warm in the microwave. Be sure to mix every 30 seconds until it smooth. Be careful not to overheat the mix.
- When the cream cheese is smooth, add the melted butter milk, eggs, and vanilla and then mix together to form the batter.
- Mix the box cake mix and pour it into a well-greased cake pan, filling the pan half way to the top.
- Pour cream cheese batter over the cake batter, level the top, and sprinkle the top with a generous amount of brown sugar.
- Bake the butter cake at 350 degrees until the center is done; test with a small knife. When the knife pulls out clean, it is done. Let cake cool at room temperature. Serve warm with your favorite ice cream.