Did you know that Borgata’s restaurant Angeline is named after chef/partner Michael Symon’s mother? This year, Michael won’t be able to spend time with his mother on Mother’s Day, but he’s prepared a special dish in honor of her! He’s sharing “Mom’s Pizza” recipe with all of you! It’s a Sicilian-style pizza that is perfect for surprising your mother with on Mother’s Day AND easy to make at home!
Here are some tips from the Chef while preparing the pizza:
- If you have bread flour, use that (it makes the crust crispy), but regular flour is fine.
- You can mix the dough either by hand or with a stand mixer. If you mix it by hand, it will take a little longer.
- Use a simple tomato sauce—if you make your own sauce, you don’t have to cook it.
- If you’re using fresh mozzarella, make sure it is not too wet.
- The Chef puts the sauce all the way to the edge of the dough to get crispy edges.
Don’t forget to welcome our other chef partners into your home too!