There’s nothing better than a fresh-out-of-the oven chocolate chip cookie made in your kitchen. Borgata’s Pastry Team has a decadent recipe that is sure to be a big win for all cookie lovers in your house. The ingredients can easily be found in your pantry or in your grocery store. Get baking with this chewy chocolate chunk cookie recipe!
Borgata’s Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 12 ounces bread flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ounces granulated sugar
- 8 ounces light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 ounce whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- Melt the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda onto a paper plate. Pour the butter into your stand mixer’s work bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat with the paddle attachment.
- Whisk together the whole egg, the egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract in a measuring cup. Reduce the mixer speed and slowly add the egg mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using the paper plate as a slide, gradually integrate the dry ingredients, stopping a couple of times to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Once the flour is worked in, drop the speed to stir and add the chocolate chunks. Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Scoop the dough into 1 1/2-ounce portions onto parchment-lined half sheet pans and bake at 350F
- PRO TIP: The darker the sugar you use, the chewier your cookies will be.
- OPTIONAL FROSTING: Combine Nutella, peanut butter, and melted milk chocolate together and combine. Top each cookie with the frosting.