For those who haven’t tried a Pot au Crème before, they are in for a treat. This pudding-like confection is richer and more flavorful than standard custard. Borgata’s Pastry Team has crafted an easy milk chocolate Pot au Crème recipe that can be made with basic pantry ingredients. Try it for a special dessert!
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- 3 ounces sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. In a saucepan, combine cream, vanilla bean and salt and cook over low heat just until hot. Let sit for a few minutes, then discard vanilla bean. Add Chocolate and mix.
- In a bowl, beat yolks and sugar together until light. Stir about a quarter of the cream into this mixture, then pour sugar-egg mixture into cream and stir.
- Pour into four 6-ounce ramekins and place ramekins in a baking dish; fill dish with boiling water halfway up the sides of the dishes. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until centers are barely set. Cool completely. Refrigerate for several hours and up to a couple of days.
- When ready to serve, top each Pot au Crème desired garnish and fruit puree. Serve this dessert cold with sweetened whipped cream.