Angeline Chef/Partner Michael Symon is no stranger to the grill. For Father’s Day, he’s sharing a special recipe for Smoked Lamb Ribs, complete with lemon, oregano, and honey. This delicious and unique take on classic BBQ is perfect for your dad, or to treat yourself this summer. Check out the recipe below.
Michael Symon’s Smoked Lamb Ribs with Lemon, Oregano, and Honey
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 6 racks lamb spareribs
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 3 lemons
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix together the dried oregano, garlic salt, paprika, coriander, pepper, and Kosher salt. Moisten the ribs with the lemon juice and then coat all sides with the rub.
- Set your grill or smoker for indirect heat, meaning the ribs will not be directly over the heat source. Using low heat and apple-wood chips (if you have them), put the ribs on the cool part of the grill, cover, and smoke for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the glaze ingredients and set aside.
- Arrange 2 of the lamb racks on a large piece of foil, overlapping them like roof shingles. Pour one-third of the glaze on top of the ribs and seal tightly in the foil, being careful not to tear it. Wrap in a second sheet of foil. Repeat twice, using the remaining racks and glaze.
- Return the ribs to the grill and cook meat-side-down for 30 minutes over low heat. Flip the foil bundles and continue cooking for 30 minutes. Remove the ribs from the grill and let rest in the foil for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, increase the grill heat to medium-high. Cut the lemons in half and grill flesh-side-down until nicely marked ands lightly soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the foil, put on the hot grill meat-side-down, and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the ribs from the grill and garnish with the grilled lemons, sea salt, fresh oregano, and olive oil.