Who doesn’t love Macaroni and Cheese, especially during the cooler seasons? It’s a family Thanksgiving staple, and making it from scratch sure tastes better than anything out of a box. Borgata’s culinary team has crafted the perfect recipe of this comfort food classic. Check out the delicious dish below and make some this holiday season.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 5 oz butter
- 3 cups whole milk
- 10 oz good quality Cheddar cheese
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 drops Tobasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups Panko breadcumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as package instructions. Drain and cool. Set aside for later use.
- In a sauce pan, add 3 oz of butter. When melted, add milk. Bring to a simmer (do not boil). Add Cheddar cheese. Stir to melt cheese.
- Add Parmesan cheese and melt into the sauce. Add the Tobasco sauce and taste. Season salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and mix into sauce.
- Place into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- To make the topping, place Panko crumbs into a mixing bowl. Add cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 oz of melted butter and mix well.
- Sprinkle toppings on top of macaroni and cheese.
- Place into a 350 degree oven and bake until topping is golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and keep hot for serving.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THANKSGIVING TO-GO DINNERS AT THEBORGATA.COM/GOBBLE.