This holiday season, Borgata’s fine dining restaurants are creating signature seasonal cocktails, perfect to celebrate this festive time of year. At Izakaya by Michael Schulson, mixologists have created a warm winter libation that’s a perfect way to chase away the cold weather blues: Hotaka Tea. This Japanese take on a Hot Toddy features infused plum wine and warming cinnamon. The ingredients and recipe are below!
(Japanese twist on a Hot Toddy)
- 1 oz Shochu
- .5 oz Honey-infused Umeshu Plum Wine
- 2 cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Lemon Wheel
- 4 oz Hot water
- Begin by studding 2-4 cloves through a fresh lemon peel. Make sure the cloves are snug so they don’t float freely in the drink.
- Add the clove studded peel and a cinnamon stick to a glass or mug.
- Pour 1 oz shochu and .5 oz honey infused plum wine over the garnishes.
- Add a dash of orange bitters and finish with hot water.
- Stir gently to marry the light libation.
- Enjoy slowly as the aromatics steep and develop!
LEARN MORE ABOUT BORGATA’S COCKTAIL OPTIONS HERE!