A brand new dining concept is coming to Borgata this June. Guests will be able to experience American Bar & Grille starting Saturday, June 19. The contemporary grill concept will offer a sophisticated yet casual dining experience in a warm and welcoming environment. Led by Executive Chef Aram Mardigian, the American menu will feature classic grill favorites focusing on seasonal ingredients and globally influenced flavors.
“Over the last 25 years, American grilling has seen an evolution in its classic style with preparation and worldly flavor profiles influenced by Japan, Italy, Germany, and a melting pot of other cultures,” said Mardigian. “We seek to incorporate these intricate flavors into our menu, always inspired to play with unique combinations that create memorable dishes.”
Borgata VP of Hospitality, Anthony Caratozzolo, said, “Introducing American Bar & Grille to Borgata’s portfolio of signature restaurants is a proud moment for our talented chefs and passionate team members. They all have worked diligently to prepare us for welcoming our guests to a first-class dining experience.”
Highlights of American Bar & Grille include:
- Mixing modern and classic cooking techniques to its recipes, featured menu items include Big Eye Tuna Crudo with cucumber salad and a drizzle of soy-lime vinaigrette; House-Made Sausages with pretzel and mustard; Sautéed Atlantic Salmon with confit summer tomatoes; BBQ Baby Back Berkshire Farms Pork Ribs with house BBQ sauce and corn bread; Oven Roasted Chicken Breast with aged Goat Cheese and garlic-rosemary sauce; Domestic Lamb Chop “Three Ways” with madeira-olive sauce; Grilled 16oz Ribeye Steak with Argentinean chimichurri; and The Burger, an 8 oz. prime burger with aged white cheddar and a side of house-cut fries.
- New Jersey’s famous tomatoes, corn, and local selection of fresh seafood are found in several of the menu items influenced by The Garden State. Selections include the Jersey Corn Soup with jalapeno cream, cilantro, Caramelized Jersey Corn with achiote aioli, cotija cheese, cilantro and lime; Sauteed Local NJ Fluke with white wine, garlic, and lemon sauce, and Summer Heirloom Tomato Salad with Bufala mozzarella, basil, red onion and old balsamic.
- Oven specialties include a Margherita Pizza with San Marzano tomato sauce and basil; White Vegetable Pizza with roasted garlic ricotta, oven-dried tomatoes, eggplant, olives, artichokes, and basil; and a Butcher’s Pizza with Italian sausage, pepperoni, pulled pork, shishito peppers, and San Marzano tomato sauce.
- Specialty cocktails will feature a collection of timeless libations such as Hemingway G&T, made with Malfy Rosa Gin, Maraschino, fresh lime, and Fever Tree Tonic; Philly Sour, a blend of Rittenhouse Rye, fresh lemon, orange zest, Aquafaba, and Angostura Bitters; Jersey Blueberry Mule, crafted with Grey Goose Vodka, Jersey blueberries, fresh lime, and ginger beer.
- Local craft beer on draft will include Cape May Coastal Evacuation, Spellbound Pale Ale, Yards Philly Ale, and Double Nickel Vienna Lager, along with an all-American wine-by-the-glass and bottle selections from various wine regions.
- The inviting atmosphere is comprised of three different spaces: the main dining room that opens up to the casino floor, creating more of an al fresco-style café scene; a private dining area offering a more intimate space for private events and parties; and a Chef’s Table that seats up to 12 guests and is located directly in front of the main kitchen line for an up-close view of the culinary action. The 17-seat bar situated in the front of the restaurant is a popular choice for diners who want a casual vibe, with the same level of service as with formal table seating. Guests will enjoy a music soundtrack of All-American hits of yesterday and today while dining in a sophisticated, fun, and social setting.
American Bar & Grille is located off the north end of the casino floor. Hours of operation are Sunday through Tuesday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., and Friday & Saturday from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Closed Wednesday & Thursday.